COBRA CHEER INFORMATION
TINY NoviceAges 3 & 4
TINYAges 5 & 6
MINIAges 8 and under
YOUTHAges 11 and under
JUNIORAges 14 and under
SENIORAges 18 and under
Levels for each team will be determined through evaluations and during the weeks leading up to Choreography.
We will be maximizing our skill level in each age group and will be evaluating the team that is best for each athlete. Coaches place athletes on teams based on age, skill level and maturity to ensure the safety of all athletes are considered along with ensuring the highest success rate for each athlete.
Cobra Cheer follow Cheer Canada All Star Cheer Club Divisions By Age, The Age of the Competitor as of August 31, 2019 will be the age used for competition purposes throughout the 2019-2020 season.
Skill desired for each level:
- Tumbling: summersault, cartwheel, round-off
- Stunting: thigh stand, pre, thigh torch
- Jumps: tuck jump, star jump
- Flexibility: splits, pike, front straddle
- Tumbling: cartwheel, round-off, walkover, handspring, handstand
- Stunting: Pre-extension, extension, torch, basket toss
- Jumps: Toe touch, pike, hurdler
- Flexibility: splits – left and right and front straddle. (Flyers: heel- Stretch, scorp, arabesque).
- Tumbling: round-off, walkover, handspring, tuck
- Stunting: Liberty, basket toss, twisting cradle, tuck transitions
- Jumps: over-extended toe-touch, pike, hurdler, jump/tumble combo
- Flexibility: splits – left and right, and front straddle. (flyers: heel – Stretch, scorp, arabesque, scale, and bow and arrow).