MJ Cobra Cheerleading Inc. (MJCC) is looking for an enthusiastic, business minded individual to fill the role of Executive Director.
MJCC is a not-for-profit, all-star cheerleading club for youth ages 3-18. The Cobras are the inaugural cheer club in Moose Jaw, opening our doors in 2011. MJCC bring children together to compete on cheer teams at local, provincial and sometimes out of province competitions.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the MJCC. The Executive Director will oversee the daily operations, scheduling, fundraising, marketing, community and public relations, personnel management, and growth planning. This position will report to the MJCC Board of Directors. Duties may vary depending on the selected candidate, but the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Leadership & Management:
– Act as the brand ambassador of the organization
– Provide leadership and direction to all employees
– Maintain a strong relationship with the membership, athletes, employees and community.
– Develop and manage the annual budget
– Develop and manage program and competition scheduling
– Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing additional
policies and implementing and enforcing standards of practice
– Maintain strong working relationship with the Board of Directors
– Work with the MJCC Board to manage fundraising programs and achieve fundraising targets
– Develop and implement fundraising strategies, partnerships and sponsorships
– Must work well with young kids
– Must be organized, able to meet deadlines, and able to manage staff
– Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
– Previous Business or Managerial experience required
– Previous Cheerleading experience is an asset, but not required
- Salary / Hours:
– Position will be part-time, estimated at 20 hrs/wk.
– Evening and weekend work will be required.
– Salary for this position dependent on qualifications and will be negotiated with the candidate.
MJCC Executive Director Position is set to begin in July 2017.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Shay-Anne Schier at email@example.com. A
current criminal record check will be required if selected for an interview.
Posting closes May 26th, 2017 @ Noon local time.